• Getting to know classmates, student coordinators, Jill
• Understanding the history of the Plan II /KIPP Partnership (P2K)
• Discussing readings from Work Hard. Be Nice. and Outliers
• Identifying KIPP Austin's mission and culture via webpage
• Link to KIPP Austin Webpage
• Updated Course Syllabus (Attached)
COMING UP SOON
• October 2nd @ 7-9am. KAL MENTORS will visit KAL CAMPUS. Transportation to be arranged. Let me/Quinn know ASAP if you can't make this time. KAL MENTORS will not come to evening class on 10/02. PlanTutors will come to class as usual.
ASSIGNMENTS FOR THE NEXT MEETING (SEPTEMBER 11)
1) Self-reflection essay (KAL Mentors) Write about yourself, your interests, what kind of learner you are, your struggles, your challenges, etc. ONE PAGE. Email to Quinn firstname.lastname@example.org
2) PlanTutoring Questionnaire & Visit Availability & Carpool Survey (PlanTutors)
3) Background check paperwork (attached below, for EVERYONE) and scan and email to me.
4) Do the readings from summer if you haven't (Marita’s Bargain, Chapters from Work Hard Be Nice listed in the syllabus) !!!